How Many Calories Do You Need to Reduce By?
This is a general guide to the amount of calories you need to be in deficit to lose a specific amount of weight:
- If you are in a deficit of 500 calories per day you will lose approximately 1 pound per week
- A calorie deficit of 750 calories will help you lose about 1.5 pounds per week
- A carlorie deficit of 1000 calories will help you lose about 2 pounds per week (about 1 kg weight loss per week)
- To lose 20 pounds in a year you will need to eat 200 calories less per day than you were eating when your weight was stable
- To lose 20 pounds in 1 month you would need to eat 2400 calories less per day. This is why very overweight people who have been eating around 4000 calories per day can lose weight quicker than lighter people, as they can reduce their intake by 2400 calories per day and still eat enough to sustain themselves.
I should have roughly 1400 calories per day when moderatley active, 1200 when lightly active.
To lose a lot of weight I should eat about 800 therefore losing roughly 0.5-1lb per day.
Theme: Forbidden Love by LeLouisVuitton.tumblr.com